ALOES/SANDALWOOD (Santalum album) is the most valuable tree in the world. It takes 10 years for the sandalwood tree to form hardwood. Peak hardwood formation is achieved when the tree is between 40-60 years. King Tut’s tomb was filled with alabaster jars of aloewood/sandalwood oil which thieves later stole, leaving the alabaster jars behind. Sandalwood contains 90 % sesquiterpenes which deprogram misinformation and carry oxygen to the cellular level.
How to use:
1. Diffuse or place a drop in hand, rub hands together, cup hands over nose, and breathe deeply at bedtime to enhance deep sleep.
2. Rub a drop above eyebrows in a wide circle around the eye 1-3 times daily to help with vision.
3. Use as men’s cologne. May be combined with carrier oil if desired, also great as an aftershave.
4. Add 6 drops to running bath water to disperse or combine with bath salts for a relaxing bath.
5. Use a drop or two for dry chapped skin and wrinkled skin. May be combined with carrier oil.
6. For acute or chronic diarrhea, rub on stomach area and feet vita flex points.
7. Apply one drop to a cold sore as soon it begins and repeat 5-10 times daily.
8. Massage in hair and on scalp to retard graying.
9. Ingest it in capsules in carrier oil either by itself or with other oils such as frankincense for health benefits.
10. Put a drop on an incision to speed wound healing.
CASSIA (Cinnamomum cassia) comes from a slender, evergreen tree which grows up to 20 feet tall. It is native to China. The oil is steam distilled from the bark. Cassia was an ingredient in the Holy Anointing Oil given to Moses as ointments. This exotic fragrance of vanilla/cinnamon might be similar in its aroma to cinnamon, but it is physically and chemically much different. Care must be taken in topical use as it may cause skin sensation. It is antibacterial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, and an anticoagulant.
How to use:
11. Put a scant drop on your tongue and enjoy the delicious taste.
12. Put a drop or two on your fingers and rub through the hair. Perfumed hair is good anytime, especially at night.
13. Diffuse or put a drop in your hand, rub hands together and cup over nose for a joyful, uplifting feeling.
14. Add a drop to water, swish in mouth, and gargle for a delicious and effective mouthwash.
15. Put a drop in a glass of water and shake it up (to disperse the oil) for a protecting & refreshing drink. You may just find it curbs your desire for sugar! Also taking it internally may help with fungal problems.
16. Use it in cooking. For example, add a drop or two to yams.
17. Add a drop to hot chocolate and enjoy.
18. Add a drop or two to hot water, stir, and drink to take away the chill.
19. Dilute 50/50 and apply to area of concern and VitaFlex foot points to help with boils, ringworm, and fungal infections.
20. Combine with carrier oil and other oils such as Frankincense, Sandalwood, Myrrh, Hyssop, or Galbanum and wear as fragrance or put it on a handkerchief and carry with you or take to bed at night.
CEDARWOOD (cedrus atlantica) produced mainly in Morocco, it is the species most closely related to the cedars of Lebanon. King David and King Solomon used this wood for the construction of their palaces because of its aromatic oil content which lasts indefinitely. Used by the Sumerians and Egyptians more than 5000 years ago, Cedarwood essential oil is believed to have been the first oil to be obtained by distillation. It was known as the oil of gladness in ancient times, and was used for a variety of purposes including temple worship, mood elevation and mental clarity. Of all essential oils, cedarwood is highest in sesquiterpenes which are oxygen delivering molecules capable of crossing the blood-brain barrier.
How to use:
21. Diffuse or inhale from bottle to enhance prayer and meditation.
22. Rub a drop of oil in your palms and then cup them over your nose and mouth, inhale, breathing deeply helps with mental clarity.
23. Apply on location as an effective insect repellant. For those with sensitive skin, dilute as needed with V6 mixing oil or olive oil (organic, extra virgin is best).
24. Apply a drop to a cotton balls and place in drawers to repel insects and keep clothing fragrant and smelling refreshed.
25. Apply a drop or two to the soles of the feet to enhance the immune system and boost the body’s natural defenses.
26. 1-3 drops rubbed into the scalp may help to inhibit hair loss.
27. A drop or two rubbed on wounded skin may help to clean, disinfect and protect from infection.
28. Rub a drop or two on the chest area either diluted or full strength to help relieve symptoms of bronchitis.
29. To enhance deep sleep, inhale cedarwood directly from the bottle or apply a drop near the temples and the back of the neck.
30. Apply a small amount of oil over the sinus areas to help improve symptoms of sinusitis.
CYPRESS (cupressus sempervirens), the oil of Cypress has been used since ancient times for purification and as incense. Cypress is one of the oils most used for the circulatory system. Because it assists in moving stagnant matter, it actually assists many systems of the body: circulatory, digestive, urinary, and integumentary (skin). It helps with cellulite, varicose veins, hemorrhoids, fluid retention, constipation, edema, excessive perspiration, and hand and feet sweating. It is also effective for muscles and joints, the respiratory system, the reproductive system, and the nervous system.
How to use:
31. Use a drop or two of Cypress where you would apply a deodorant.
32. Equal parts Cypress and Tangerine mixed with a small amount of V-6 mixing oil makes a wonderful serum for skin toning and also aids with the healing of scar tissue. (Try five drops of each in a 5ml bottle and then fill the rest of the bottle with carrier oil.)
33. Mix several drops of Cypress with pure V-6 mixing oil and apply on location to help with arthritis discomfort. (Those with less sensitive skin may wish to try applying Cypress oil neat.)
34. Apply Cypress neat or diluted on location to ease cramping.
35. Apply a drop of Cypress to a minor injury to facilitate healing and prevent infection.
36. Rub Cypress around the nasal area to help control a nose bleed. (Avoid the eye area.)
37. Use several drops mixed with V-6 mixing oil and apply where needed as an insect repellant.
38. Diffuse Cypress, or inhale directly from the bottle to help with insomnia.
39. Help relieve acute chest discomfort and/or bronchitis by rubbing Cypress on the chest area.
40. Help strengthen blood capillaries and increase circulation by rubbing Cypress mixed with V-6 mixing oil on location. When used with Helichrysum oil, may help with varicose and spider veins.
FRANKINCENSE (Boswellia carterii), one of the gifts of the wise men to our Savior, frankincense would have been rubbed all over the body of the baby. Egyptian tradition says that “Frankincense is good for everything from gout to a broken head” or in other words “good from head to toe”. If in doubt, use Frankincense. Other names for frankincense are “olibanum” or “Oil from Lebanon”.
How to use:
41. Put a drop on an insect bite to help reduce swelling and speed healing.
42. Apply 1-2 drops of on temples and/or back of neck to help improve concentration.
43. Apply 1-3 drops on each foot to help strengthen the immune system.
44. Dilute 1 drop in 1tsp. honey or 4 oz. rice milk and ingest daily for health maintenance.
45. Dilute 50/50 with V-6 Mixing Oil and apply to a blistered area 3-5 times daily as needed.
46. Diffuse or inhale from the bottle to help with mood elevation.
47. Dilute 50/50 with V-6 Mixing Oil and massage 6-9 drops onto each foot at night to help with sore feet.
48. Apply 1-3 drops to shoulders stomach and bottoms of feet to help with low mood induced insomnia.
49. Apply 1-3 drops on nails and at base of nails, 3 times per week to help strengthen brittle or weak nails.
50. Rub a few drops on stretch marks 2 times a day.
GALBANUM (ferula gummosa) was valued for its medicinal and spiritual qualities. It was known as Moses favorite oil. “And the Lord said unto Moses, take unto thee sweet spices, stacte, an onycha, and galbanum, these sweet spices with pure frankincense of each there shall be a like weight.” Exodus 30: 34.
51. Feeling overwhelmed put 2-3 drops of Galbanum on the bottom of each foot to help bring emotional balance.
52. For sore muscles apply a few drops to the affected area. If it is a large area, mix with a few drops of V-6 mixing oil.
53. For that time of the month when a woman needs a little up lifting or is cramping, put 3 -4 drops on the bottom of each foot. Also inhale the oil.
54. If you can not seem to focus on what you are doing then put a drop in the palm of your hand and rub a little on each temple and on the brain stem. Cup hand over nose and inhale deeply.
55. For indigestion put a drop on your stomach.
56. During time of prayer apply to the bottom of feet and apply a drop in hands, rub hands together, cup over nose, and breathe deeply.
57. Combine with frankincense and diffuse for spiritual uplifting.
58. Diffuse or apply 2 drops to temples or message into scalp to relieve a headache.
59. Rub 2-3 drops over kidneys and/or on Vita Flex points of feet for kidney/bladder concerns.
60. Apply a drop over blemish to clear up acne.
HYSSOP (hyssopus officinalis) has a very long history as a cleansing herb. Hyssop is a protective herb of the heavens. It is touched with the love and protection of the divine.
How to use:
61. Add several drops to a glass spray water bottle to clear a room of charged emotion or depression.
62. Rub a drop or two on shoulders to reduce tension.
63. To loosen up a tight chest, inhale; it’s highly expectorant.
64. 20th century physicians who used herbs in the United States used hyssop oil to soothe burned skin.
65. Apply in cold compresses as soon as possible after bruising to help reduce the bruise.
66. Hot compresses of hyssop oil are helpful for rheumatism.
67. 10 drops in a 1oz base of carrier oils can be used as a chest rub for respiratory conditions.
68. For the respiratory system, especially to help discharge toxins and mucus, diffuse, apply to throat and chest, and feet.
69. Add 5-10 drops to bathwater for nervous exhaustion, melancholy or grief.
70. Use a drop on injured area to help prevent scarring.
MYRRH (commiphora myrrha) has one of the highest levels of sesquiterpenes, a class of compounds that has direct effects on the hypothalamus, pituitary and amygdala, the seat of our emotions. Research in Italy demonstrated that myrrh has pain-relieving properties as well, which is probably why it was administered to Jesus prior to his crucifixion.
How to use.
71. Drop 2-3 drops on a dried log and allow time for oil to soak in before putting the log on the fire.
72. One drop of myrrh oil on your canker sores may help them to disappear.
73. Rubbing 1-2 drops on your gums may help heal gingivitis.
74. Mix 2 to 5 drops in water for a excellent mouthwash.
75. Use 1ml oil in 15ml carrier oil for bronchitis and colds with thick phlegm.
76. Mix 10 drops with 25ml of water, shake well and use externally on wounds.
77. Putting 1 drop on a blemish may help it to go away.
78. Adding 4 drops to 15ml carrier oil is good for calming.
79. Myrrh is extremely effective at killing STAPHYLOCOCCUS, a (wound bacteria.)
80. Blend with sandalwood to help with vitaligo, a skin condition where there are patches of skin without pigmentation.
MYRTLE (Myrtus communis) The Hebrew name for Queen Esther was Hadassah which means myrtle. Myrtle oil is steam distilled from the leaves. Myrtle is antimutagenic, a liver stimulant, a prostate and thyroid stimulant, a sinus and lung decongestant, and is antispasmodic. “Instead of the thorn shall come up the fir tree,, and instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle tree”. . . (Isaiah 55:13).
How to use:
81. To balance hypothyroidism and normalize thyroid, apply on the thyroid and the parathyroid Vita Flex points on the feet. Mix with a bit of carrier oil and apply to base of neck just under the Adam’s apple.
82. For bronchitis, rub on bronchioles & Vita Flex foot points. Use in the shower at the first sign of attack.
83. Add one drop in a teaspoon of honey for a cough.
84. For a chronic cough, diffuse, apply to throat and chest area, and massage on vita flex areas on the feet.
85. For diarrhea, rub on stomach and Vita Flex points on the feet.
86. For prostate decongestant, apply a drop or two to inside ankle and heel.
87. For sinus, apply to Vita Flex points on feet and rub on each side of the nose.
88. For asthma, apply 2-4 drops to soles of feet 2-3 times daily. May be also taken in a 00 size capsule 2 times daily.
89. For hemorrhoid relief, dilute 50/50 and apply 3-5 drops on location. This may at first sting, but should bring relief with one or two applications.
90. Use for children’s coughs and chest complaints because this is a relatively mild essential oil. May be diluted with carrier oil before applying to child’s throat and chest.
ONYCHA (styrax benzoin) Although onycha is only mentioned in scripture by name once, it holds the high position of being an ingredient of the holy incense (Exodus 30:34). Other names for onycha are “benzoin”, “friar’s balm” and “Java frankincense”. Tincture of benzoin was an antiseptic used in hospitals for more than a hundred years (since the mid 1800s). Onycha may have been used in hospitals but it does NOT have a hospital smell. It contains vanillin aldehyde, which gives it the pleasant of vanilla. Onycha was valued anciently for its ability to speed healing of wounds and to help prevent infection when used as ointments.
How to use:
91. Put a drop on a cut or scrape to speed healing and help prevent infection.
92. Place a drop on a wound to help slow bleeding.
93. Place a drop on each underarm instead of deodorant.
94. Dilute 1 drop in a tsp of honey or 4 oz. of rice milk and ingest to help with a cold, cough or sore throat.
95. Rub several drops on the stomach to help ease gripping pains.
96. Combine with rose and V-6 Mixing Oil for a full body massage to help elevate ones mood.
97. Mix with either lavender or peppermint and diffuse for a warming, soothing effect. (Note: do not diffuse onycha alone as it is to thick and resinous.)
98. Put in some warm rice milk (4 oz) and gargle (then swallow) to help with a sore throat or laryngitis.
99. Rub a several drops on chapped or cracked skin to help speed healing.
100. Mix with V-6 Mixing Oil and rub on the chest to help break up mucous and ease a cough.
ROSE OF SHARON/CISTUS (Cistus ladanifer) is also known as rock rose. It has been studied for regeneration of the cells. “I am the Rose of Sharon, and the lily of the valley” Song of Solomon 2:1 This beautiful oil has a soft honey like scent.
How to use:
101. Apply a drop or two to places of concern for arthritis.
102. Great for autoimmune challenges. Apply to areas, diffuse, and apply to Vita-Flex points on feet.
103. Apply to areas with inflammation alone or mixed with carrier oil.
104. Put a drop in the palm of your hand and rub hands together then cup over nose and inhale to help with stuffy nose.
105. Apply 4 or 5 drops along the spine to help with infection.
106. Dilute with v-6 mixing oil and apply to the face for wrinkles.
107. Put a few drops on chest with v-6 mixing oil for bronchitis.
108. For nervousness or uptightness apply to wrist, inside elbows, temples, soles of the feet, and inhale.
109. For a calming effect through out the house diffuse 15 to 20 minutes.
110. Due to the phenol action of this oil it may strengthen and support the immune system. Apply 2-3 drops on the soles of the feet daily.
SPIKENARD (Nardostachys jatamansi) Spikenard has also been known as “nard” and “false Indian Valerian root” oil. It was prized in early Egypt and in the Middle East during the time of our Savior. Spikenard is 93% sesquiterpenes which have the ability to oxygenate the brain. The amount of Spikenard that was poured on our Savior as an ointment before his death would be worth almost $2,000.00 in today’s currency…or a year’s wages for a common laborer in that time.
How to use:
111. Dilute a few drops with V-6 Mixing Oil and apply to rough or wrinkled skin.
112. Dilute 50/50 with V-6 Mixing Oil and apply on location for help with hemorrhoids (this may sting initially).
113. Apply 2-4 drops at pulse points (wrists, inside elbows, base of throat) 2-3 times daily for help with cholesterol.
114. Apply 1-2 drops at forehead, temples and mastoids (the bones just behind the ears) to help vitalize your brain.
115. In India, one drop is taken near the end of a meal to calm the stomach. (Note: Spikenard is not considered a Food Additive or a Food Flavoring by the FDA.)
116. Apply a few drops on the stomach to sooth indigestion.
117. Diffuse or inhale directly from the bottle to help create an atmosphere of forgiveness.
118. Apply a few drops and wear as a perfume or use for a deodorant.
119. Apply a few drops to feet and crown of head to help ground and balance the mind and stimulate a feeling of courage and power.
120. Place a drop on a cut to help disinfect and speed healing.
Special thank to McBride Enterprises for compiling this information.